The noted explorer, archaeologist, anthropologist, paleontologist, and part-time plumbing contractor from the University of Chicago, Professor Duffer A. Hacker, led two expeditions to the outer banks in the late 1920’s. The purpose of these expeditions was to search for an answer as to what happened to the lost colony of Roanoke Island and to look for treasure believed to have been hidden by Blackbeard the Pirate. Professor Hacker’s first surprise was the discovery of an old mining train built by the Confederate Army during the Civil War. They were searching for gold to finance their war effort. Take the mining car* to the top of the mountain and follow Professor Hacker as you putt your way through an adventurous expedition to find gold and diamonds.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- Internet Access
- Keyless Entry
- Linens provided
- Non Smoking
- To Beach 200 yds or less
About this Property
Fabulous location. Just across the street from the beach access. Your family will want to rent this home every year. Make memories and keep family traditions alive in this wonderful summer retreat.
Dry entry. Storage area, 2 enclosed outdoor showers, charcoal grill.
4 bedrooms (1 with King shares full bath with tub and shower with 1 with Twins; 2 with Queen share full bath with tub and shower). Sitting room with TV and large selection of games and books; laundry room.
Great room with TV, wet bar with ice maker; dining area seats 8, kitchen with breakfast bar seats 4; den. Master bedroom (with King, large full bath with tub and separate shower, TV).
- Rundown Cafe - 2.1 miles
- Scarborough Lane Shoppes - 2.8 miles
- Cookshak Fried Chicken - 3.0 miles
- Pizzazz Pizza Company - 3.0 miles
- Donutz on a Stick - 3.3 miles
- Jimmy's Seafood Buffet - 4.1 miles
- Black Pelican - 4.5 miles
- Big Buck's Homemade Ice Cream - 4.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Surf Co. - 3.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.3 miles
- Moneysworth Rentals - 4.1 miles
- Norâ€™Banks Sailing & Watersports - 4.6 miles
- Beach Braids - 2.8 miles
- Turf's Up OBX - 5.0 miles
- OBX Running Company - 5.0 miles
- Duck Woods Country Club - 1.4 miles