Scientists run these dolphin tours as part of their research on these beloved aquatic animals, so you know this will be an interesting trip. Passengers will be able to see how researchers with the Outer Banks Center for Dolphin Research, a nonprofit organization, conduct their research and hear about some of the discoveries from more than a decade of studies and monitoring. Some of the hundreds of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins in the area show up so frequently they’ve even been given names, like “Rake,” “Scarlet,” and “Onion.”
- As low as $1,795 - $8,395/Week
- 8 Bedrooms
- 9.5 Bathrooms
- 11 TVs
- 2 BluRay players, 6 DVD players, 8 Roku (with Netflix and Amazon Prime video)
- 2 Dishwashers (kitchen)
- 2 Stereo/CD players
- 55" Smart TV home theater system with surround sound in great room
- 6-Person hot tub
- Built-in hair dryers
- Community boardwalk to the sound and boat ramp
- DVD movies, books and games
- Electronic keyless door lockI
- Elevator I
- Game room with pool table
- Grill - gas
- Ice machines (kitchen)
- Kitchenette with full size refrigerator, microwave and 8 bottle wine cooler
- Media room with 60â? Smart TV home theater system and Amazon Fire StickI
- Outdoor shower
- Pets not permitted
- Wedding and special event features (approval required - call for details and costs)
- Wheelchair ramp
- Wireless high speed internet access
About this Property
- 8 Bedrooms
- 9.5 Bathrooms
SOUNDFRONT Salvo - Otter Way The striking soundfront surroundings of this home will have you saying, "SOUNDS TERRIFIC"! Watersports enthusiasts will appreciate convenient access to some of the island’s best windsurfing and kiteboarding, and others will savor paddling the kayak around the sound. Parlor by the private saltwater pool and Tiki bar, or step through the sliders to the sizable game room with pool table, kitchenette and TV. Nearby are two master bedrooms (2 sets of bunk beds, 1 king) and a full hall bath. Unwind in the media room with 60” Intelligent TV home theater system with BluRay player or follow the soundfront deck to the hot tub and swimming pool with waterfall. Upstairs find five master suites, four with shaded waterfront decks. The top level has a master suite with whirlpool tub. Appreciate countless sound vistas in the great room with 55" Intelligent TV home theater system with surround sound and stereo. The handsome dining area offers sunset dinners, and the enormous, tiled kitchen is a chef's dream with breakfast bar with second sink, ice machine, and 2 dishwashers. Take a leisurely walk down to the waterfront on the close by community boardwalk and watch the blue herons and egrets gather along the shoreline, or simply enjoy sunset paddling around the Pamlico. It all SOUNDS TERRIFIC to me!
New for 2023: Home will be a Saturday check-in. New for 2022: Now providing bed linens (with beds made) and towels May 21 - September 2, 2022. New for 2021: Pool switched to saltwater.
The following items are available at all Surf or Sound Realty properties, even though they are not listed individually: Central Air/Heat, Washer/Dryer, Fridge, Dishwasher, Microwave, TV, Standard Coffee Maker, Toaster, and Outdoor Grille.
Beds: (8 masters) 1 king, 1 king, 1 king, 1 queen, 1 queen, 1 queen, 2 sets of bunk beds, 2 single Full linens (with beds made) and towels included May 21 - September 2, 2022. Additional linens and towels available for rent.
More about Surf or Sound Realty
Surf or Sound Realty offers the widest selection of premier vacation rentals on Hatteras Island, as well as the largest selection of oceanfront homes. Often mentioned on Top 10 beach lists, Hatteras Island is part of the pristine Cape Hatteras National Seashore just south of Nags Head on The Outer Banks of North Carolina. Our beaches and villages are quiet, family friendly and picturesque.
Surf or Sound has been offering weekly rental homes ince 1978. Our properties include charming beach cottages, expensive oceanfront estates, and everything in between.
With flexible payment plans and multiple accepted methods of payment, we make it easy to budget for your Outer Banks vacation. Make your vacation even smoother with features like keyless entry and optional early check-in.
We look forward to seeing you at the beach soon!
- Down Under Restaurant - 0.6 miles
- Watermen's Bar & Grill - 0.8 miles
- Dairy Queen - 1.4 miles
- Atlantic Coast Cafe - 1.4 miles
- Good Winds Restaurant - 2.0 miles
- Taqueria Las Ahumaderas - 2.2 miles
- Beads & Beans OBX - 2.3 miles
- Wacky Jac's Burger Shack - 3.1 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.0 miles
- Kitty Hawk Surf Co. - 2.0 miles
- Duck Village Outfitters - 0.3 miles
- Moneysworth Rentals - 0.6 miles
- Hatteras Watersports - 0.6 miles
- Real Watersports, Inc - 0.9 miles
- Camp Hatteras RV Resort and Campground - 2.0 miles
- Highway 12 Amusements - 2.1 miles