The noted explorer, archaeologist, anthropologist, paleontologist, and part-time plumbing contractor from the University of Chicago, Professor Duffer A. Hacker, led two expeditions to the outer banks in the late 1920’s. The purpose of these expeditions was to search for an answer as to what happened to the lost colony of Roanoke Island and to look for treasure believed to have been hidden by Blackbeard the Pirate. Professor Hacker’s first surprise was the discovery of an old mining train built by the Confederate Army during the Civil War. They were searching for gold to finance their war effort. Take the mining car* to the top of the mountain and follow Professor Hacker as you putt your way through an adventurous expedition to find gold and diamonds.
- As low as $2,240 - $2,995/Week
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- 0-50 Yards to Beach Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cable TV
- CD Player
- Central Air/Heat
- Charcoal Grill
- Check-In: Duck
- Fish Cleaning Table
- Free on-site Parking
- Hot Tub
- No Pets
- Ocean View
- Outdoor Shower
- Private Beach Walkway
- PS2 Console
- Saturday Turnover
- WiFi Internet Access
- Wood Fireplace-Nov.-Apr.
About this Property
Ocean Sands Section B. Outstanding ocean view. Private Pool (18' x 28') and Hot Tub. Pool has an 18’x12’ Wet Deck leading into Pool. Private Walkway to beach. There is an enclosed screen porch with furniture for quiet reading with fresh air all around you. There is a breakfast bar in the kitchen so you can converse with the cook while she or he prepares that all important meal for the family. Internet Access. Sheets and towels provided for full rental season with beds made.
Ground Level: Outside Shower, Fish Cleaning Table, Extensive Decking w/Furniture, Charcoal Grill, Pool.
Mid Level: SE and NE Bedrooms w/Queen Bed share a Hall Bath, both have Doors to the Oceanfront Deck, NW Bedroom w/2 Twins and SW Bedroom w/2 Twins share a Hall Bath, Washer and Dryer, Hot Tub on Deck.
Upper Level: Master Bedroom w/King, Great Room w/TV/VCR and Slider to Oceanfront Deck, Dining Area w/Table and 6 Chairs, Slider to Enclosed Porch w/Furniture, Kitchen w/Breakfast Bar w/4 Chairs.
**2021 Pool Dates 5/22 - 10/30**
**2022 Pool Dates 5/21/22 - 10/29/22**
Beds: 1 Master w/King, 2 w/Queen, 2 w/2 Twins.
- Off The Wall Taphouse - 0.8 miles
- Pizzazz Pizza Company - 0.8 miles
- Low Tide Bar & Grill - 0.9 miles
- Outer Banks Boil Company - 2.5 miles
- Big Buck's Homemade Ice Cream - 2.6 miles
- Sundogs - 2.6 miles
- Sun Fish Grill - 2.7 miles
- Island Smoothie Cafe - 0.8 miles
- Miss Kitty's Old Time Photos & Gifts - 2.6 miles
- Wild Horse Adventure Tours - 0.7 miles
- Just for the Beach Rentals - 0.9 miles
- Kitty Hawk Surf Co. - 2.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.5 miles
- Corolla Raceway - 2.5 miles
- Bob's Wild Horse Adventure Tours - 2.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Surf Co. - 2.7 miles