The noted explorer, archaeologist, anthropologist, paleontologist, and part-time plumbing contractor from the University of Chicago, Professor Duffer A. Hacker, led two expeditions to the outer banks in the late 1920’s. The purpose of these expeditions was to search for an answer as to what happened to the lost colony of Roanoke Island and to look for treasure believed to have been hidden by Blackbeard the Pirate. Professor Hacker’s first surprise was the discovery of an old mining train built by the Confederate Army during the Civil War. They were searching for gold to finance their war effort. Take the mining car* to the top of the mountain and follow Professor Hacker as you putt your way through an adventurous expedition to find gold and diamonds.
- As low as $995 - $4,595/Week
- 7 Bedrooms
- 6.5 Bathrooms
- 10 DVD players
- 10 TVs
- 2 Dishwashers
- 2 Outdoor showers
- 2 Ovens
- 2 Washers/dryers
- 3 Stereo/CD players
- 8 Person hot tub
- Basketball goal and volleyball net
- Built-in hair dryers in the bathrooms
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms and the great room
- Community boat ramp and sound access
- Cornhole boards, horseshoe pits and sand box
- DVD and book library
- Electronic keyless door lockI
- Elevator I
- Fireplace - gas log I
- Fish cleaning table with water and lights
- Full linens (with beds made) and Towels provided May 22 - September 3, 2021. Additional linens and towels available for rent.
- Game room with pool table, 5-in-1 game table
- Grill - gas
- Handicap friendly I
- High chair, port-a-play yard
- Home theater system with surround sound
- Media room with home theater system I
- Pets not permitted
- Screened porch with picnic table and comfortable furnishings
- Screened-in poolside Tiki bar with mini-fridge, hot tub and picnic table
- Wet bar with full size refrigerator and microwave
- Wireless high speed internet access
About this Property
SEMI-SOUNDFRONT Salvo - Wind over Waves FROLIC INN, steps from community sound access and boat ramp has smooth access for watersports and peaceful streets for bicycle riding. Appreciate the huge private pool, kiddie pool, kid's sandbox, screened Tiki bar with hot tub and constructed-in picnic area, volleyball, horseshoes, b-ball, and copious storage for guest items. Step inside for the media room with sizable screen home theater system; game room with pool table, 5 in 1 game table, and wet bar; bunk room and king master bedroom. The mid-level is home to the big handicap friendly king master with roll in shower, another king master, and a bedroom with 2 singles sharing a bath with the daybed with trundle bedroom. All bedrooms have TV/DVDs, hotel style hairdryers in baths, and direct access to shaded decks. Wide halls on each level make wheelchair navigation easier. The roomy, well-supplied kitchen on the top level has granite countertops, 2 dishwashers and a huge breakfast bar for additional seating. The comfortable great room fireplace is ideal for off season entertaining. Just off the kitchen and great room with expansive sound vistas is the enormous decorated screened porch w/dining area. The king master suite on this level sports twin sinks, whirlpool tub and additional sizable shower. View amazing sunsets each evening from western decks. The awe-inspiring sound vistas combined with interior and exterior luxuries make this a special hideaway for every age! Come relax - or frolic -with your family at FROLIC INN this year!
The following items are available at all Surf or Sound Realty units, even though they are not listed individually: Central Air/Heat, Washer/Dryer, Fridge, Dishwasher, Microwave, TV, Telephone, Coffee Maker, Toaster, Outdoor Grille, and Sundeck. Many homes also have ceiling fans located throughout the home and fish cleaning tables.
Beds: (4 masters) 1 king, 1 king, 1 king, 1 king, 2 sets of bunk beds, 2 single, 1 day bed w/trundle
About Surf or Sound Realty
What's your ideal vacation? Perhaps it is a calming day spent laying on the sand beneath a shady umbrella with the sound of the waves, a brilliant book and adult beverages in the cooler. Or maybe it is a day spent calmly paddling your kayak on the warm waters of the sound followed by a relaxing soak in the spa. What about circling the deck chairs under the stars with close friends after lively mealtime conversation over fresh, local seafood prepared in a gourmet kitchen?
Whether you visualize vacationing in an extravagant beachfront home, a quiet soundside escape, or somewhere in between, Surf or Sound Realty has the ideal home to provide for your kind of vacation.
Surf or Sound Realty is based on Hatteras Island, part of the beautiful Cape Hatteras National Seashore just south of Nags Head on The Outer Banks of North Carolina. Consistently found on Top Ten lists for the Best Beaches in America, Hatteras Island’s beaches and towns are tranquil, family friendly and stunning. Since 1978, we have presented weekly premier Hatteras Island vacation rentals from single family beachfront bungalows to expansive estates with a broad range of high end amenities. We make it easy to work an Outer Banks vacation into your budget with several interest-free, flexible payment plans and multiple payment methods. We make vacationing straightforward with options like keyless entry and early check-in.
Serving thousands of happy Outer Banks vacationers every year, we look forward to seeing you on Hatteras Island this year! Contact us for more details about our lovely Hatteras Island Vacation Rentals on the best beaches of the Outer Banks, NC today!
- Down Under Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Watermen's Bar & Grill - 0.8 miles
- Dairy Queen - 1.3 miles
- Atlantic Coast Cafe - 1.3 miles
- Good Winds Restaurant - 1.9 miles
- Taqueria Las Ahumaderas - 2.1 miles
- Beads & Beans OBX - 2.2 miles
- Wacky Jac's Burger Shack - 3.0 miles
- Moneysworth Rentals - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 1.9 miles
- Kitty Hawk Surf Co. - 1.9 miles
- Duck Village Outfitters - 0.3 miles
- Hatteras Watersports - 0.7 miles
- Real Watersports, Inc - 0.8 miles
- Camp Hatteras RV Resort and Campground - 1.9 miles
- Highway 12 Amusements - 2.0 miles