The noted explorer, archaeologist, anthropologist, paleontologist, and part-time plumbing contractor from the University of Chicago, Professor Duffer A. Hacker, led two expeditions to the outer banks in the late 1920’s. The purpose of these expeditions was to search for an answer as to what happened to the lost colony of Roanoke Island and to look for treasure believed to have been hidden by Blackbeard the Pirate. Professor Hacker’s first surprise was the discovery of an old mining train built by the Confederate Army during the Civil War. They were searching for gold to finance their war effort. Take the mining car* to the top of the mountain and follow Professor Hacker as you putt your way through an adventurous expedition to find gold and diamonds.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 14
- Baby Equipment (see description)
- Golf Discounts
- Internet Access
- Keyless Entry
- Non Smoking
- Partial Weeks Allowed
- To Beach 200 yds or less
About this Property
4,000 square foot living area. 85 yards to beach access.
Master bedroom (with Queen and CATV), 2 baths (1 with whirlpool tub and shower, 1 with shower), sitting room, great room, kitchen, breakfast room, den, powder room, CATV, laundry room, screened porch.
4 bedrooms (master bedroom with Queen, Double and Single, CATV, 2 with Queen, 1 with Bunk set and Single), 2 baths (with tub and shower).
- Scarborough Lane Shoppes - 1.8 miles
- Cookshak Fried Chicken - 1.9 miles
- Pizzazz Pizza Company - 1.9 miles
- Donutz on a Stick - 2.2 miles
- Rundown Cafe - 3.1 miles
- High Cotton NC BBQ - 3.1 miles
- Aqua Restaurant and Spa - 1.8 miles
- Fishbones Raw Bar & Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Surf Co. - 2.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.3 miles
- Norâ€™Banks Sailing & Watersports - 3.5 miles
- Duck Corolla Parasail - 4.7 miles
- Beach Braids - 1.8 miles
- North Duck Watersports - 4.7 miles
- Outer Banks Surf Shop - 1.8 miles
- Toyrific - 1.8 miles